Product Information Management (PIM)
Product Information Management (PIM) systems contain critical product data – SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), price, quantity – but don’t include additional information required for taking products to market.
Keeping marketing materials updated with product information is complex and labor-intensive. Marketing departments often have to rewrite and manually bundle information for catalogs and brochures. And the need for multilingual descriptions, country-relevant images and repurposed copy for web or mobile channels makes the challenge ever greater.
Brand owners need to bridge the gap to get Product Supply Chain and Marketing Supply Chain working together with a solution that:
- Interconnects Product Management and Marketing quickly and efficiently into one centralized resource.
- Allows Product Managers to categorize and associate products in any way they choose.
- Makes simpler the creation of promotions, product texts, visuals, leaflets, movies, etc.
- Guarantees product consistency.
The Solution that improves Product Management & Marketing
Our solution, based on ADAM, provides an intelligent and effective solution to managing complex product information and marketing products effectively.
The PIMS ensures better consistency and control of your product workflows :
- Our PIMS solution can be accessed through a webapplication, and can be deployed to an unlimited number of users with full functionality.
- Centralized Product Information: PIMS manages all product information from within one centralized hub to interconnect and synchronize Product Management and Marketing teams.
- For any industry, any infrastructure, any market: With PIMS, users decide how to catalog and classify products and aspects of products such as color, size, regional variants, and associated documentation as well as the ability to manage data in terms of regions, seasons, channels etc.
- Global control: PIMS provides a product inheritance model enabling enterprises to centralize product management and cater for regional variation, including support for time-based product rollouts. This means fast updating of rapidly changing products.
- Intuitive workflows: PIMS helps streamline marketing workflows. It can trigger approval cycles to ensure marketing collateral is consistent, automatically notify local teams of changes in product information or request specific actions like changes to country catalogs.
- Scalable: Data stored centrally can be modeled to the requirements of any product rollout: by region, product set, with localized text versions and images, channel-specific texts, etc. The Marcom Factory platform is scalable to store any additional product-based information.
- Efficient input for effective output:The Marcom Factory platform also offers add-on functionality to simplify key marketing tasks and power all marketing channels – building and automatically publishing catalogs or publishing for websites directly from Marcom Factory’s marketing automation suite.